Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSP
CBS MoneyWatch columnist Allan Roth will share investment strategies for the TSP, and Federal Times senior writer Sean Reilly will discuss what's ahead for federal workers and retirees.
October 30, 2013
If you are a federal worker, did you raid your retirement fund, or sell low and buy high during the government shutdown? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: Was it prudent or panic behavior to flee the stock market before and during the shutdown?
Hardship withdrawals shot up in the first few weeks of October and thousands more employees opted to shift their investments out of higher-risk areas and into the G Fund, TSP officials said at at the board's monthly meeting Monday. During the shutdown, some 8,200 participants requested hardship withdrawals, compared to 5,500 during the same period of time last year.
When it comes to investing and saving for retirement, federal workers are at the head of the class. TSP average balances are fast-approaching the 6-figure mark.
Financial planner Arthur Stein will discuss what you can do to protect your assets in the event of another government shutdown, and Sean Reilly will talk about the possibility of another shutdown, and what's ahead for feds.
October 23, 2013
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board kicked off this week a multimillion-dollar plan to revamp the Thrift Savings Plan. The $2.3 million initiative, which was approved by board members last month, calls for TSP officials to broadly survey participants on the services and offerings they desire as well as how the TSP stacks up against other plans, including those in the private sector.
Tammy Flanagan, Karen Schaeffer, and Bob Leins discuss what furloughed federal workers should be doing to protect their financial assets.
October 14, 2013
Certified financial planner Arthur Stein will provide tips on how to protect your retirement nest egg, and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly will give us the latest on the government shutdown.
October 9, 2013
The average Thrift Savings Plan account balance is fast approaching $100,000. And that's great, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But what should investors do during this time of stock market jitters over the shutdown and the debt ceiling limit?
Greg Long, executive director of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, and Kim Weaver, the TSP's director of External Affairs will answer your calls and emails about the TSP.
October 7, 2013