Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSA
The historic labor agreement covering 45,000 transportation security officers (TSOs) overhauls the current pay-for-performance system, puts in place a grievance process for workplace disputes and increases the uniform allowance.
The nation's 45,000 transportation security officers now have union representation.
Program to provide identification cards for maritime workers lags behind a similar DoD effort, and is causing decade-long problems.
Tags: House , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , John Mica , port security , TWIC , Transportation Worker Identification Credential , Coast Guard , Stephen Sadler , secure identity cards , Keith BieryGolick
The Transportation Security Administration already shares intelligence it collects with airports. Now a House bill would expand TSA's intel sharing to local mass transit systems as well.
Just in time for the summer travel season, House lawmakers gave an earful Thursday to the chief of the Transportation Security Administration with complaints about post-9/11 restrictions on carry-on items aboard planes.
Five Transportation Security Administration workers at a southwest Florida airport have been fired and another 38 suspended after an investigation found they failed to perform random screenings last year.
Tags: Federal Drive
Federal employees were less satisfied with their pay after the two-year pay freeze went into effect in 2010, according to a report by the Partnership for Public Service. Although higher-ranking feds were most satisfied with their pay, the highest-ranking feds — those at the SES level — had the biggest dip in pay satisfaction over the previous year.
The Army and DISA will release a broad agency announcement this summer seeking third party software to secure smartphones and tablet computers. The Marine Corps is looking at host of different possibilities to secure mobile devices, including a process to verify the software code in apps.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Army , Marine Corps , defense , Stephen Smith , Ray Letteer , Howard Schmidt , Emma Garrison-Alexander , White House , mobile computing , McAfee , DISA , Jason Miller
The Transportation Security Administration has grown from "the ashes of the Pentagon and the Twin Towers" into a 65,000-employee agency, whose effectiveness is now being called into question by lawmakers.
Stephen Lord, the director of homeland security and justice issues at the Government Accountability Office, testified that TSA still has room for improvement in three of its screening programs. He shared his findings in a House Oversight and Government Committee hearing on Monday and had highlights from his testimony on The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp.