Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSA
Col. Jeremy Martin, commandant of the Defense Information School, talks about the most recent graduating class. Merry Korn, CEO of Pearl Interactive Network, discusses how her company is helping veterans find work. AFGE National President J. David Cox talks about the ratification of the TSA's first-ever collective bargaining agreement. Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon discusses efforts to transition veterans back into civilian life.
A historic labor agreement covering 45,000 transportation security officers has been ratified.
Recruits in the Federal Air Marshal Service undergo 16 weeks of rigorous training to prepare for their primary duty - helping travelers reach their destinations unharmed. Every three months, air marshals receive refresher training in hand-to-hand defense, physical fitness and threat-scenarios aboard a life-size mockup of a passenger jet. Federal News Radio goes inside a flight simulator for a first-hand look at a training exercise.
Dr. Emma Garrison-Alexander, TSA's chief information officer, said the goal is to make sure employees have the right device to match up with their mission requirements.
September 20, 2012
The Republican Party officially unveiled national party platform Tuesday, revealing its plan to downsize the federal workforce, trim federal benefits and privatize airport screeners. The party's platform calls for a reduction in the federal workforce by at least 10 percent through attrition, says federal pay and benefits should be aligned with the private sector and calls for reforms to the U.S. Postal Service.
Host Mike Causey moderates a roundtable discussion
of sequestration, postal service buyouts, and
August 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , sequestration , Paul Ryan , budget battle , NARFE , Joseph Beaudoin , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , USPS , buyouts , early retirements , Social Security , OPM backlog , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
A Gallup poll finds that 54 percent of Americans think the Transportation Security Administration is doing a good or excellent job.
The historic labor agreement covering 45,000 transportation security officers (TSOs) overhauls the current pay-for-performance system, puts in place a grievance process for workplace disputes and increases the uniform allowance.
The nation's 45,000 transportation security officers now have union representation.