Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSA
Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) discusses what progress Congress can realistically make on the budget. Anthony Amendolia of the DLA talks turkey -- as in, the thousands of turkeys he ordered for service members overseas. Alex Bolton, senior writer for The Hill, discusses Congress' strategies to avoid the fiscal cliff. GAO's Steve Lord reviews TSA's complaint process.
Col. Jeremy Martin, commandant of the Defense Information School, talks about the most recent graduating class. Merry Korn, CEO of Pearl Interactive Network, discusses how her company is helping veterans find work. AFGE National President J. David Cox talks about the ratification of the TSA's first-ever collective bargaining agreement. Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon discusses efforts to transition veterans back into civilian life.
A historic labor agreement covering 45,000 transportation security officers has been ratified.
Recruits in the Federal Air Marshal Service undergo 16 weeks of rigorous training to prepare for their primary duty - helping travelers reach their destinations unharmed. Every three months, air marshals receive refresher training in hand-to-hand defense, physical fitness and threat-scenarios aboard a life-size mockup of a passenger jet. Federal News Radio goes inside a flight simulator for a first-hand look at a training exercise.
Dr. Emma Garrison-Alexander, TSA's chief information officer, said the goal is to make sure employees have the right device to match up with their mission requirements.
September 20, 2012
The Republican Party officially unveiled national party platform Tuesday, revealing its plan to downsize the federal workforce, trim federal benefits and privatize airport screeners. The party's platform calls for a reduction in the federal workforce by at least 10 percent through attrition, says federal pay and benefits should be aligned with the private sector and calls for reforms to the U.S. Postal Service.
Host Mike Causey moderates a roundtable discussion
of sequestration, postal service buyouts, and
August 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , sequestration , Paul Ryan , budget battle , NARFE , Joseph Beaudoin , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , USPS , buyouts , early retirements , Social Security , OPM backlog , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
A Gallup poll finds that 54 percent of Americans think the Transportation Security Administration is doing a good or excellent job.