Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSA
The Secure Flight requirement of the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) obliges airlines to collect Secure Flight passenger information from individuals.
President Obama's nominee to head the Transportation Security Administration had his confirmation hearing in the Senate yesterday. Lawmakers used the hearing as an opportunity to get answers about some lingering concerns over one of the most visible arms of the Department of Homeland Security.
Lawmakers question TSA, NPPD on 2010 budget proposals. Rep. Jackson-Lee says NPPD may need to be reorganized.
Tags: mngt , technology , Phil Reitinger , Gail Rossides , Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee , Rep. Dan Lungren , Rand Beers , DHS , National Protection and Programs Directorate , House Homeland Security Committee , Registered Traveler , Secure Flight , cybersecurity , risk management
The Transportation Security Administration has been in charge of matching airline passenger information against the terror watchlist.