Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSA
The Transportation Security Administration announced Sunday that it will begin enhanced screening procedures Monday on any U.S.-bound air passenger traveling through "state sponsors of terrorism or other countries of interest" such as Pakistan, Yemen and Nigeria.
J. Bennet Waters of the Chertoff Group on ways the TSA can prevent a repeat of Christmas Day's failed attempt aborad Northwest 253.
The union says "Unfortunately, in response to this serious unwarranted disclosure, TSA HQ has offered more 'layers' of excuses than assurances of protection."
The Secure Flight requirement of the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) obliges airlines to collect Secure Flight passenger information from individuals.
President Obama's nominee to head the Transportation Security Administration had his confirmation hearing in the Senate yesterday. Lawmakers used the hearing as an opportunity to get answers about some lingering concerns over one of the most visible arms of the Department of Homeland Security.
Lawmakers question TSA, NPPD on 2010 budget proposals. Rep. Jackson-Lee says NPPD may need to be reorganized.
Tags: mngt , technology , Phil Reitinger , Gail Rossides , Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee , Rep. Dan Lungren , Rand Beers , DHS , National Protection and Programs Directorate , House Homeland Security Committee , Registered Traveler , Secure Flight , cybersecurity , risk management
The Transportation Security Administration has been in charge of matching airline passenger information against the terror watchlist.