Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSA
Administrator said it will help employee morale and will not negatively impact security. Lawmakers wanted assurances that if employees would go on strike, Pistole would fire them.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , John Pistole , Mike Rogers , Mo Brooks , Bennie Thompson , Danny Davis , House Homeland Security Committee , FRLA , collective bargaining , Best Places to Work survey , Jason Miller
AFGE members marched on Capitol Hill to put a face on the federal workforce. They want to correct the misperception that government workers are to blame for the deficit and gridlock in Washington.
Agency administrator John Pistole determined workers can hold a vote on whether to be represented by a union. Pistole's memo details four areas that will fall under collective bargaining if employees approve it.
What comes next for the federal government's internship programs? Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union, discusses the end of FCIP and the new Pathways Program.
A former TSA worker has been sentenced for tampering with government databases.
Rafi Sela has created a Trust Based Security System, a security program created to observe and screen people's behavior in order to rule out those who only have the intent to fly for travel purposes.
Loopholes in the global aviation system beyond the control of the Homeland Security Department are stymieing steps to bolster screening, several federal officials told lawmakers.
A conservative Loudoun County lawmaker says controversial airport pat-downs by the Transportation Security Administration are part of a "wide-scale homosexual agenda."
NTEU president Colleen Kelley says that TSOs are being unfairly targeted.
The public anger over the TSA safety measures show how difficult it is for the Obama administration to balance national security and individuals' privacy.