Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TRICARE
The Government Accountability Office has turned back a protest over a multibillion dollar contract to administer part of the military's TRICARE health insurance system, the losing bidder said Monday. The Comptroller General's decision was not publicly released as of Monday afternoon, but TriWest officials said they had been notified of the rejection.
Defense Deputy Secretary Ashton Carter said for every dollar lawmakers add to the military's budget or for every program they continue that the Pentagon wants to cancel, it requires cuts elsewhere. He also called sequestration irrational and said DoD is not planning for it.
Senate panel rejects Air Force's proposed decreases to National Guard aircraft and personnel, orders cutbacks in DoD civilian and contractor personnel and imposes contractor salary caps.
Tags: DoD , DoD budget , Congress , Senate , Senate Armed Service Committee , National Defense Authorization Act , Air Force , Air National Guard , National Guard , Carl Levin , John McCain , Pat Leahy , Harry Wyatt , pay and benefits , workforce , Jared Serbu
As part of the annual Defense authorization bill, House lawmakers will take up a provision designed to let federal employees gain experience and share expertise while working temporarily in other agencies.
Tags: Congress , National Defense Authorization Act , jointness , workforce , pay and benefits , Susan Collins , service contracting , Adam Smith , House , House Armed Services Committee , Jared Serbu
Changes to the TRICARE Dental Program will mean some National Guard and Reserve members will have to pay their premiums the old-fashioned way.
House military personnel subcommittee asserts retirees have already paid for their health care via their military service, omits DoD proposal to hike TRICARE fees.
The Defense Department has identified four ways it wants to cut health-care costs and increase the quality of its care. Assistant Secretary of Defense for health affairs Dr. Jonathon Woodson told the House Armed Services Committee it wants to reorganize the Military Health System.
The Defense Department has awarded United Health Military and Veteran Services a six-year contract to operate TRICARE in the Western U.S., including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado and a handlful of other states.
Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.) said Wednesday that his committee's 2013 DoD authorization bill will undo Defense spending cuts the Pentagon has already proposed.
Defense Secretary Ashton Carter is submitting a plan to create a Defense Health Agency to take over TRICARE.