Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TIC
Secretary Napolitano reorganizes how the agency oversees IT security. It's now more of a ‘command and control structure.'
Tags: technology , management , Janet Napolitano , Phil Reitinger , Sean Donelan , DHS , Secret Service , DoD , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cybersecurity , Cyber Command , Security line of business
Focus on procurement and cyber coordinator biggest differences as compared to Bush administration's CNCI. Pres. Obama to begin with 24 actions to improve IT security.
Tags: technology , contracting , President Barack Obama , White House , OMB , DHS , GSA , NSA , DoD , Karen Evans , Alan Paller , Bruce McConnell , SANS Institute , cybersecurity , identity management
CIOs and agency security officers will have to answer more than 50 questions as part of a three-step cybersecurity review. OMB to finalize the new standards in coming weeks and experts expect them to change to focus more on automating controls. OMB also wants more data on current and future cybersecurity spending.
GAO to release FDCC and TIC audits, TechAmerica spent $378,000 in 4Q lobbying, NIPRNET to get Web 2.0 guidance
Director, Enterprise Network Management Office in the Bureau of Information Resources Management,
Department of State
Oct. 9th, 2008
The White House cybersecurity advisor said many of his office's initiatives are in the operational stages and are making a difference. But some in industry and government say there is a vacuum in leadership from his office and OMB. Howard Schmidt says it's clear what role his office, OMB and DHS play.
The National Cybersecurity Protection System is testing software and hardware from the Defense Department and industry to figure out how to expand the Einstein toolset. DHS reports that 13 of 19 major agencies already have installed Einstein 2. The department also is planning to hold an industry day for a classified cyber RFI.
Most mid- and small agencies missed the June 1 deadline to choose the Networx carrier to implement Managed Trusted IP Services. Some say part of the reason for the missed mandate is because GSA and DHS have approved only one MTIPS provider so far. OMB still wants agencies to have all traffic going through a TIC access point by Jan. 31.
Tags: technology , contracting , OMB , GSA , Mike Howell , Warren Suss , Diana Gowen , Suss Consulting , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Sprint , L3 , Networx , cybersecurity , MTIPS , telecommunications , Jason Miller
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.