Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: T4
Ford Heard, the Veterans Affairs associate deputy assistant secretary for Procurement Policy, Systems and Oversight, said his office will launch the acquisition corps and program management framework in the coming months to further professionalize the agency's acquisition workforce. A Federal News Radio survey of chief acquisition officers and other senior acquisition managers says workforce training and retention remain among their biggest priorities and challenges.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , contracting , workforce , Ford Heard , Veterans Affairs , training , program management , suspension and debarment , strategic sourcing , CXO Surveys , Jason Miller , exclusive
Kevin Plexico, vice president of Federal Information Services at Deltek, will talk about a wide variety of issues, when he joins host Mark Amtower on today's show.
January 9, 2012(Encore presentation February 13, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , Kevin Plexico , Deltek , federal budget , IT spending , GSA schedules , strategic sourcing initiative , IDIQs , GWACs , NGEN , DHS Eagle , EAGLE , Eagle 2 , First Source , First Source 2 , US Army Eagle , SEWP 4 , Mark Amtower , contracting , procurement , Amtower Off Center
The Court of Federal Claims rules in VA's favor on five of six counts. But VA must relook at Standard Communications' bid to see if it meets the solicitation's best value criteria.
The agency will buy a broad range of technology services from eight large and seven veteran-owned small businesses under the T4 contract. The deal is a multiple-award IDIQ contract that will last five years.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has a new strategy.
DHS, VA say they need their own multiple award contracts because they want vendors who are familiar with their processes and requirements. Others say agencies want the "glory" of running large procurements and are unhappy with GSA's fees. GSA is trying to address the perception of poor customer service as a way to bring more agencies into the fold.
Tags: contracting , Ed O'Hare , Soraya Correa , Iris Cooper , Martha Johnson , GSA , DHS , VA , DoD , Jim Williams , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Multiple award contracts , GWACs , Alliant , EAGLE , Ed O