Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sylvia Mathews Burwell
Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell appointed a new high-level operations manager to closely supervise the online portal to coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law. She also announced that she's hiring a CEO and a technology leader to specifically handle all aspects of the health law's coverage expansion.
Head of the Office of Management and Budget Sylvia Mathews Burwell has a tough road ahead if she's lucky enough to be confirmed as the next Health and Human Services secretary. President Barack Obama tapped her last week to replace Kathleen Sebelius. Burwell will go from the small, inside-the-White-House agency to a sprawling institution that, with Obamacare, is in the eye of the political storm. Elise Viebeck, staff writer at The Hill Newspaper, told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp that Burwell will face five big challenges.
President Barack Obama has nominated Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the current head of the Office of Management and Budget, to replace outgoing Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Sebelius' resignation comes just over a week after sign-ups closed for the first year of insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
OMB Director Sylvia Mathews Burwell sent a memo to agency leaders outlining six steps they must take to make administrative information about everything from grantees to contractors to anything that is collected for the purpose of carrying out the basic administration of a program, such as processing benefit applications or tracking services received, more available internally and externally.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters this week President Barack Obama has asked Acting OMB Director Jeff Zients to stay on until his successor is named. But for about the last six months, Zients was not the acting OMB director because his initial interim role quietly expired last year.
President Barack Obama signaled his willingness to tackle climate change with his pick of Gina McCarthy to lead the Environmental Protection Agency, one of three major appointments he announced Monday.