Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sydney Smith-Heimbrock
OPM's Sydney Smith-Heimbrock talks about new guidance for agencies to help them protect and empower employees. Inspector General Michael Horowitz of the Justice Department discusses a new report that paints a disturbing portrait of an office supposedly dedicated to fairness and equality. Analyst Gretchen Goldman for the Union of Concerned Scientist's Center for Science and Democracy discusses transparency and openness in the Obama administration. Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas) talks about the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2013.
The Office of Personnel Management is revamping its human-resources policy shop to provide more innovative solutions to the White House's workforce priorities. The newly created Center for Strategic Workforce Planning will focus on fostering innovation in federal workforce policies and plotting future HR trends. In addition, OPM's human capital officers (HCOs), which previously acted as OPM ambassadors to individual agencies, will instead serve as "HR strategists" to staff the new center and work on pilot projects in priority areas.