Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Suzanne Kubota
Suzanne Kubota, FederalNewsRadio.com's digital content manager, died Saturday after a short illness. For over 10 years, Suzanne was responsible for updating the Federal News Radio homepage each day. Today we remember and honor her.
The Air Force Materiel Command will explore the possibility of buyouts to help reduce its workforce. The agency plans to survey its civilian workforce next week to see if there is enough interest in $25,000 buyouts.
The Office of Personnel Management is giving feds the option for unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework on Tuesday due to an approaching storm. OPM says federal employees should talk to their managers now and make plans. OPM also says there is a chance of a delayed arrival on Tuesday if conditions dictate. Federal News Radio will keep you updated with the latest information.
Federal employees in the Washington D.C. area have some extra time, if needed, to get to work this morning. The Office of Personnel Management announced a two-hour delay for those feds after snow and ice blanketed the area last night. The Baltimore Federal Executive Board has announced that agencies under its purview are closed.
Some of the budget cutting ideas like pay cuts and freezes, furloughs and cutbacks are "just crazy" according to a federal employee union official.
The Office of Personnel Management provides a behind-the-scene look at how Director Berry plans to handle the winter ahead, introduces a new set of operating status notifications, and looks at the National Weather Service's long range forecast.
President Barack Obama announced the proposal of a two-year pay freeze for federal employees Monday. The freeze covers civilian pay in 2011 and 2012.
Energy announces plans to host officials from several federal agencies to raise awareness and donations for the July collection of the "Feds Feed Families" nationwide food drive.
DHS job ads pop up all over. View the photo gallery.
Most federal workers, no matter how critical their jobs, are accustomed to working behind the scenes and away from the spotlight. And it was that way with our late colleague Suzanne Kubota who loved her job, loved federal workers and loved making all of us look better. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey takes a look at Suzanne's life.