Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Suzanne Kubota
President Barack Obama and several of the administration's top cybersecurity officials met with key members of the private sector at the White House Wednesday to review progress in national cybersecurity activity in the past year. Alan Paller brings us up to speed.
The CEW is a workforce of Department of Defense civilians trained and equipped to deploy oversees in support of worldwide military missions. We learn more about it from Frank DiGiovanni, the Acting Director of Readiness and Training Policy and Programs at Defense.
OMB's figures come "from an incomplete database built from inconsistent data managed mainly by the agencies themselves, each using its own inventory method," says the Reason Foundation. Director of economic research, Anthony Randazzo, explains.
The differences between federal workers and the private sector can be seen in the way they look at telework.
In case of emergency, do you know what your telework options are? OPM says NOW is the time to find out.
Pay your bills or lose your job. Thirty nine Defense Department workers whose jobs were at risk because of their bad credit ratings will lose their positions after all.
As the third quarter starts, employers cut 125,000 jobs from the nation's payrolls in June, but the loss was driven by a wave of census layoffs. Certified financial planner Arthur Stein explains what's ahead.
The Alaska National Park Service IT/radio team has received the Alaska Federal Executive Association 2009 Civilian Team of the Year Award on the basis of cost savings to the government by means of technology. We learn more from NPS's Alaska region CIO, Dan Healey.
Cybersecurity training is expanding beyond agencies and into high schools, libraries and other workplaces. It's called the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education. We learn more about it from NIST's Dr. Ernest McDuffie.
The success the Recovery and Transparency Board is having in tracking how recipients are spending funds has become a national model. Chair Earl Devaney explains how it works.