Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Susan Collins
Director Peter Orszag pledges an "expedited review" into allegations an OMB employee threatened to "make life miserable" for the OPM IG over possible budget cuts.
Tags: management , Peter Orszag , Peter McFarland , Ed Towns , Stephen Lynch , Joseph Lieberman , OMB , OPM , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ
Nominee didn't offer a lot of specifics about his vision or priorities when it comes to acquisition reform or improvements. Gordon did address multiple award contracting and strategic sourcing. Lawmakers express concern that OFPP needs more staff.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Dan Gordon , Jeffrey Zients , Joseph Lieberman , George Voinovich , OMB , OFPP , GAO , Robert Burton , Venable , insourcing , acquisition workforce , Multiple award contracts
A Senate committee is recommending the super committee consider one more year of a federal pay freeze, increases to retirement contributions and a 15 percent cut to contracting at agencies.
Tags: Congress , super committee , Joe Lieberman , pay and benefits , pay freeze , budget , management , workforce , Jolie Lee , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Senate
Molly Wilkinson, a 22-year federal employee, will take her first job in the private sector as head of government affairs for Regions Bank. She worked as the Republican general counsel for the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee for the last two years.
Tags: people , Molly Wilkinson , senate homeland security and government affairs co , Jason Miller , senate homeland security and government affairs co , senate homeland security and government affairs co , senate homeland security and government affairs co , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co
Auditors find all 24 agencies it reviewed had weaknesses in security controls. GAO also found problems with training and oversight of contractor systems. It recommends OMB and DHS provide better performance metrics.
Five months after he announced it as a priority for his administration, President Obama still has not named a White House cybersecurity coordinator. Now, two U.S. Senators who are friends and normally see eye-to-eye on other matters find themselves in opposite corners on this issue.
A Federal agency is leading the charge against crooks seeking to trick people out of their money by prominently mentioning the word "stimulus" in their scams. A Senate committee makes the effort part of recent oversight hearings on stimulus spending.
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has introduced legislation in the Senate to overhaul the struggling Postal Service. It mirrors the GOP plan approved by a House subcommittee Wednesday. It would let an independent watchdog to seize control of the agency's finances if it were more than 30 days late in paying its bills.
The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee voted to hold the number of federal employees stable for the foreseeable future. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) said he also wants to look at the size of the agency's contractor workforce as well. The freeze was approved in the committee's first-ever DHS reauthorization bill.
Tags: management , workforce , DHS , Joseph Lieberman , Rand Paul , Claire McCaskill , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , contracting , acquisition , TechAmerica , Rafael Borras , Jason Miller , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins said the agency has not created an IT management and oversight plan. Without a comprehensive model on IT, the agency cannot fix the way it responds to disasters.
Tags: FEMA , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Joseph Lieberman , DHS , information technology , Janet Napolitano , IT oversight , Courtney Thompson , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs