Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Susan Collins
The undersecretary of management has been in her role since June 2008. The White House nominee to replace Duke has not been confirmed by the Senate yet.
New report highlights need for better coordination all around
Tags: technology , management , JM , DHS , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , CSIS , cybersecurity , Homeland Security Subcommittee on Emerging Threats , Mike McCaul , Joseph Lieberman , Jim Lewis
Sens. Lieberman and Collins want more information on how many contractors DHS has and what type of work they are doing. Agency has asked its components to reevaluate their human capital plans to ensure they have the right mix.
Tags: P&B , contracting , Janet Napolitano , Joseph Lieberman , Richard Spires , Elaine Duke , Clair McCaskill , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , federal workforce , contractor workforce
Sens. Lieberman and Collins ask for specific actions seven large agencies are taking to transition to the new telecommunications contract. This is the second letter about the GSA contract since December.
Sen. Carl Levin will introduce a bill requiring defense contracts to be reexamined if its cost increase more than 25 percent over its initial estimate.
Tags: contracting , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , John McCain , Janet Napolitano , DoD , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , White House , White House Summit , acquisition workforce
The number of data centers has almost tripled over the past 10 years across government. One estimate is that 80 percent of all these capabilities are underutilized. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says cloud computing is part of the answer to reducing the data center infrastructure.
Tags: contracting , technology , Gary Winkler , Jeff Sorenson , Vivek Kundra , Greg Wilshusen , Diane Watson , Joseph Lieberman , Army , OMB , GSA , GAO , DHS , IAC/ACT , Executive Leadership Conference , data center , APCs , cybersecurity
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and representatives from the National Governors Association pushed hard for the new plan they say would meet the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission and save states big money along the way.
The deputy director for management tells lawmakers the government will save $40 billion over the next two years. Zients also wants agencies to grow the acquisition workforce by five percent over the next few years. Lawmakers express some reservations about OMB's plans.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , OMB , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs , Contracting Oversight , acquisition workforce , A-76 , Inherently governmental , insourcing
Oversight and Government Reform Committee was to have heard from GSA, Interagency Management Council and the five vendors. But lawmakers are attending Dorothy Height's funeral.
Tags: technology , contracting , Diane Watson , Martha Johnson , Sonny Bhagowalia , Joseph Lieberman , GSA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Interior , OMB , Networx , telecommunications , FTS2001
The Senator writes to Appropriations Committee members asking for money to increase the number of employees for the e-government and procurement offices at OMB. Lieberman also wants to combine the White House's requests for e-government and IT pilot projects.