Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Supply chain management
The Defense Department has a plan to get its supply chain management issues off of the Government Accountability Office's high risk list, but progress has been very slow. The Army has a plan to speed things up.
A group of foreign nationals working on one of NASA's major projects found a way to choose their own security clearances to gain access to sensitive technologies. The way they did it was pretty simple. NASA just let them do it. Belva Martin is director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues at the Government Accountability Office. In a new GAO report, she looks at NASA's supply chain security. She shared a few ways the agency can tighten up its grip on In Depth with Francis Rose.
Steve Charles, co-founder and executive vice president of immixGroup and Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners, will discuss what's ahead for contractors in 2014.
September 16, 2013 (Encore presentation September 23, 2013)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , continuing resolution , government shutdown , sequestration , LPTA , GSA , inspectors general , Steve Charles , ImmixGroup , Larry Allen , Allen Federal Business Partners , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Congress has told the Pentagon to stem the tide of suspected counterfeit parts that ultimately end up in military technology systems. First though, DoD has to come to grips with the fact that it can't simply mandate change to an industrial base it once controlled.
The White House is updating its 2010 trade secret theft and counterfeit product prevention strategy. The new plan will incorporate public input, which the administration is currently soliciting from stakeholders.
The Homeland Security Department is taking a two-pronged approach to protecting the federal supply chain. The first addresses the DHS mission cargo crossing into the U.S. The second is an interagency effort to ensure the government is working together on investigations. DHS said seizures of counterfeit goods at the border increased by 20 percent in 2011.
The White House, Congress, DoD and many others are trying to stem the tide of counterfeit products and software with malicious code from entering federal systems. The administration soon will release recommendations for how all agencies and vendors can improve the security of their products. DoD issued a memo in March requiring changes to how services protect their supply chains.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , industry , Victoria Espinel , White House , DoD , Jon Boyens , NIST , Sandy Boyson , University of Maryland , Supply chain risks , Inside the Worlds Biggest Buyer , Jason Miller
GSA, Commerce and others are using supply chain management techniques to buy smarter and more efficiently. Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Steve Kempf said a recent survey of their contractors will help influence the next generation of schedules.
Two GAO reports find agencies lack oversight and controls over ensuring vendors buy the components for hardware and software from trusted sources. DoD is ahead of most agencies. It is using intelligence expertise to secure the supply chain of national security systems.
Glenn San Giacomo, a senior vice president and business unit general manager at SAIC, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the ins and outs of successful supply chain management. SAIC was recently awarded a supply chain contract by the DLA to provide land and aircraft tires.