Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sue Armstrong
The Department of Homeland Security has been working for some time to bring together a set of security standards for all types of federal facilities.
Interagency Security Committee submitted a three-part standard to OMB for review. This new guidance would give agencies a standard approach to developing comprehensive security plans. But some lawmakers say the committee doesn't have enough authority and wants legislation to create minimum building security standards.
Tags: mngt , Stephen Lynch , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , DHS , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FPS , Federal Protective Service , GSA , David Wright , AFGE , building security , physical security , workplace safety , security