Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Steven vanRoekel
Jennifer Kerber, the vice president of homeland security at TechAmerica, an industry group representing technology contractors, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the finalized FedRAMP and what it means for industry.
OMB sets a six-month deadline for initial capabilities to be ready. Along with the cloud security standards and process, the administration highlighted other accomplishments on the one-year anniversary of the 25-point IT Reform plan. The White House said a new draft shared services strategy will focus on commodity IT services.
The Homeland Security Department and NASA moving to the cloud to support mission needs and reduce the cost and effort to support back-office systems. Federal Chief Information Officer Steven VanRoekel said he is focusing on four areas of cloud: agencies, procurement, international and cybersecurity.
Alan Balutis, senior director for Cisco's Business Solutions Group, and a former chief information officer at the Commerce Department, said, "If everything is important, nothing is important."
Dan Mintz, former Transportation Department CIO, found much to like in Steven VanRoekel's first major speech.
Following the troubled launch of the revamped USAJobs.gov, the government's jobs portal, Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), is renewing his call for a private contractor to manage the site. He has also asked Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel to investigate and intervene.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants the government to move toward a share-first policy where agencies share IT before buying new. He also introduced his "Future First" initiative to standardize technology development and adoption across the government. This was VanRoekel's first major policy speech since taking over as CIO in August.
Tags: technology , policy , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , cloud computing , cybersecurity , mobile computing , Future First , entrepreneur-in-residence , Tech Fellows , citizen services , PARC , TechAmerica , Jason Miller , FedRAMP
Agency wants to know what the public thinks; hopes to get ideas that might shape policy.
Steven VanRoekel is the managing director at FCC. He told the DorobekINSIDER about the changes introduced on the Reboot.FCC.gov site.