Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Steven VanRoekel
Federal Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel says good management policies should be enough to improve how agencies buy, operate and deliver technology.
Steven VanRoekel, the federal chief information officer, joined Federal News Radio for a free online chat to discuss the White House's latest IT priorities. View an archived version of the discussion.
In the fiscal 2015 budget, the White House laid out initiatives that fall under each of the four pillars of the management agenda. The federal IT budget would drop to $79.1 billion in 2015 -- down from $81.4 billion in 2014.
News and buzz from the last two weeks includes a new legislative proposal from Rep. Darrell Issa on suspension and debarment and round two of the Presidential Innovation Fellows program.
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed.
Tags: technology , Digital Government Strategy , Gwynne Kostin , GSA , web analytics , USDA , Amanda Nguyen , HealthCare.gov , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Karen Evans , Todd Park , CMS , OMB , Trey Gowdy , Frank Baitman , Henry Chao , cybersecurity , DATA Act , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , Congressional Budget Office , DHS , contracting , Mary Davie , Anne Rung , Inside the Reporters Notebook , jason miller
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) is compelling federal CTO Todd Park show up Wednesday for a hearing before the Oversight and Government Reform Committee on the IT oversight problems of the HealthCare.gov website.
President Obama said the government needs to relook at how IT procurement is organized. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said there are procurement, management and governance issues that also need to be addressed.
November 7, 2013
Speaking before the President's Council of Advisers on Science and Technology at the National Academy of Sciences Thursday morning, Steven VanRoekel, the federal chief information officer, said the President's second-term management agenda is building on past successes to make lasting change ordinary American citizens can feel in their everyday lives.
President Barack Obama may be staying put for four more years, but many of the top officials he appointed to agency posts are eyeing the exits. Federal News Radio's Cabinet Tracker will follow the comings and goings of the leaders in his Cabinet (and other high-level presidential appointees) heading into Obama's second term.
On the one-year anniversary of the Digital Government Strategy, the Office of Management and Budget highlighted the progress being made to make agency information and systems device-agnostic. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said mobile is the new default platform.