Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Steve VanRoekel
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said the new process is centered around three concepts: the why, the what and the results. The White House also is consolidating 30 reporting requirements into three that will help agencies determine answers to the three questions. OMB also updated the goals under the data center consolidation initiative.
The guidance is two months late, but OMB is expected to issue it in early 2013. Todd Park, the federal CTO, said the White House also is updating the Data.gov platform and expanding the approach to healthcare data to other sectors.
Ted Davis, president of Unisys Federal Systems, will talk about how his company can help your transition to the cloud.
July 3, 2012
Tags: technology , cloud computing , IT security , Unisys , Ted Davies , Unisys Security Index , federal applications , ACT-IAC , gsa , Casey Coleman , Richard Spires , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
OMB highlights successes of 25-point strategy on its 18-month anniversary. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies saved $100 million from moving email to the cloud. There now are more than 1,000 qualified program managers in the new job series. The IT reform plan helps institute culture change from CIOs on down.
June 7, 2012(Encore presentation July 5, 2012)
Tags: technology , management , OMB , Mike Hettinger , SIIA , 25-point IT reform plan , cloud computing , shared services , Data center consolidation , TechStat , FedRAMP , acquisition , jason miller , Ask the CIO , PortfolioStat , agile development , 2210 job series , IT acquisition
The administration will release its Digital Management Strategy today that details 29 goals with deadlines over the next 12 months. OMB wants to set up a FedRAMP-like process for mobile, open a new Digital Innovation Center run by GSA and require the use of APIs.
After a decade of unsuccessful attempts, including the Justice Department's Integrated Wireless Network, the Homeland Security Department wants to leap forward with technology by using commercial 4G networks to connect law enforcement agencies. DHS created a joint program office to lead the effort. The approach is part of OMB's shared services initiative for agencies to work together on big programs.
Tags: technology , DHS , OMB , VA , USDA , Chris Smith , Richard Spires , Roger Baker , shared services , information sharing , law enforcement networks , Future First , IT project management , IT efficiencies , budget , AFCEA Bethesda , jason miller