Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Steve VanRoekel
In a letter to federal CIO Steve VanRoekel and federal CTO Todd Park, Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairmen want documents and information on whether the program went under a TechStat review and whether the White House made decisions that impacted the use of federal IT best practices.
In his first public comments since the portal launched, federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies and contractors can learn from the problems the website encountered. He said many times big failures provide the opening for major changes.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee pressed federal Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel, federal Chief Technology Officer Todd Park, Department of Health and Human Services CIO Frank Baitman and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services deputy CIO Henry Chao to acknowledge the oversight failings, and for someone to declare they were in charge of the program.
Tags: technology , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Todd Park , OMB , Darrell Issa , Trey Gowdy , Henry Chao , CMS , HHS , Frank Baitman , David Powner , GAO , HealthCare.gov , Affordable Care Act , Jason Miller
HHS and CMS cyber officials tell House lawmakers the Affordable Care Act portal is meeting or exceeding industry best practices for information assurance.
Tags: Frank Baitman , Todd Park , Henry Chao , James Lankford , Darrell Issa , Gerry Connolly , Kevin Charest , Barack Obama , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , HealthCare.gov , technology , health IT , Congress , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , FITARA
Multiple CIOs say the annual budget guidance is tame without any new priorities or programs.
McCormack will help bridge the political and career technology managers, especially as the Obama administration and Congress take on IT and acquisition reform in the wake of the HealthCare.gov debacle.
The Government Accountability Office dinged OMB yet again for having updated information in the IT Dashboard only in nine of the last 24 months. OMB said the information is pre-decisional and therefore can't be made public.
If confirmed by the Senate, Beth Cobert would become the DDM and lead the second term management agenda. Obama nominated deputy secretaries at VA and Education, and senior officials at the Navy and State.
Tags: people , management , OMB , Beth Cobert , Sylvia Burwell , Barack Obama , Sloan Gibson , VA , Jim Shelton , Education Department , Jo Ann Rooney , DoD , Navy , State Department , Heather Higginbottom , Jason Miller
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel offered the administration's first public comment since the major IT reform bill passed the House as part of the 2014 Defense Authorization bill. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) offered a blunt warning to the White House if it does not support the legislation.
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel is testifying this morning before the House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee on the progress of several IT reform initiatives. He says agencies are on track to close or consolidate more than 850 data centers in 2013.
Tags: technology , OMB , John Mica , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GSA , Dave McClure , GAO , Dave Powner , data center consolidation , PortfolioStat , IT consolidation , Jason Miller