Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Steve VanRoekel
HHS and CMS cyber officials tell House lawmakers the Affordable Care Act portal is meeting or exceeding industry best practices for information assurance.
Tags: Frank Baitman , Todd Park , Henry Chao , James Lankford , Darrell Issa , Gerry Connolly , Kevin Charest , Barack Obama , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , HealthCare.gov , technology , health IT , Congress , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , FITARA
Multiple CIOs say the annual budget guidance is tame without any new priorities or programs.
McCormack will help bridge the political and career technology managers, especially as the Obama administration and Congress take on IT and acquisition reform in the wake of the HealthCare.gov debacle.
The Government Accountability Office dinged OMB yet again for having updated information in the IT Dashboard only in nine of the last 24 months. OMB said the information is pre-decisional and therefore can't be made public.
If confirmed by the Senate, Beth Cobert would become the DDM and lead the second term management agenda. Obama nominated deputy secretaries at VA and Education, and senior officials at the Navy and State.
Tags: people , management , OMB , Beth Cobert , Sylvia Burwell , Barack Obama , Sloan Gibson , VA , Jim Shelton , Education Department , Jo Ann Rooney , DoD , Navy , State Department , Heather Higginbottom , Jason Miller
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel offered the administration's first public comment since the major IT reform bill passed the House as part of the 2014 Defense Authorization bill. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) offered a blunt warning to the White House if it does not support the legislation.
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel is testifying this morning before the House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee on the progress of several IT reform initiatives. He says agencies are on track to close or consolidate more than 850 data centers in 2013.
Tags: technology , OMB , John Mica , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GSA , Dave McClure , GAO , Dave Powner , data center consolidation , PortfolioStat , IT consolidation , Jason Miller
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: DHS cyber contract awards delayed; musical chairs in federal IT ranks
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , DHS , cybersecurity , people , continuous monitoring , Peter Johnson , Bureau of Engraving and Printing , Earl Crane , OMB , Terryne Murphy , Gerry Connolly , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , FITARA , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said the benefits will outweigh the concerns about making information more accessible.
May 29, 2013
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) plans to offer the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) as an amendment later this week to the 2013 Defense Authorization bill. The Senate held a hearing looking at the best approach to empower federal CIOs. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee heard that transparency, visibility and senior leadership are common traits among successful CIOs.
Tags: technology , management , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Tom Coburn , OMB , Simon Szykman , Commerce , Frank Baitman , HHS , David Powner , GAO , CIO authorities , PortfolioStat , IT duplication , Commodity IT , Darrell Issa , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jason Miller