Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Steve Kempf
FAS Commissioner Steve Kempf and PBS Commissioner Bob Peck participated in a panel discussion moderated by In Depth host Francis Rose at an event hosted by AFFIRM and GITEC.
Steve Kempf, Commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service, joined with Francis Rose to discuss ways agencies could meet their goals to cut inefficient spending.
Acting administrator Prouty promises the agency will lead the nation in how they use environmentally friendly products and services. Prouty says he wants to add funding in 2011 for research and development for green products and other things. GSA's schedules received a lift in 2009 because of Recovery Act and the excitement over energy saving products and services.
Tags: contracting , management , Paul Prouty , GSA , FAS , FAI , DAU , VA , Coalition for Government Procurement , Acquisition management , schedules , Assisted acquisition services , green IT , Recovery Act , training
Now that FY 2010 is underway, Federal News Radio learns what acquisition and procurement officials be expecting?
Improvements focused internally, externally
The Energy bureau has a goal to cut the carbon footprint by almost a third. GSA is helping agencies meet governmentwide green goals by providing measuring tools, training and acquisition assistance.
Tags: contracting , technology , Robert Brese , NNSA , GSA , DoE , EPA , White House , AFCEA Bethesda , Thin clients , energy efficiency , green purchasing , cybersecurity , Sustainability executive order
Steve Kempf, the commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service at GSA joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss new efforts at more efficient print management.
Tags: managment , House of Representatives , John Needham , Federal Acquisition Service , Max Stier , Partnership for Pubic Service , Alan Chvotikin , Professional Services Council , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , Steven Schooner , GW Law School , Tom Temin
GSA has established 12 new blanket purchase agreements for office supplies under the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative that will help federal agencies meet mandates to cut procurement expenditures by seven percent for the current and 2011 fiscal years. GSA's Steve Kempf explains.