Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Steve Kempf
Industry experts say GSA is looking for scapegoats for the problems outlined in two recent inspector general reports, instead of stepping back and understanding the real issues auditors raised.
Tom Sharpe will move over from the Treasury Department to take over the Federal Acquisition Service.
Some small businesses are calling into question the benefits of the Obama administration's strategic sourcing initiative. They say the agencies are mandating the use of the office supplies BPA and putting more than 500 Schedule 75 holders at risk of losing their business. GSA, which runs Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI), said there still are plenty of sales to go around as the BPA accounts for less than half of the $1.4 billion office supplies market.
Tags: acquisition , strategic sourcing , GSA , OFPP , Schedule 75 , Dan Gordon , Rick Vogel , Coast-to-Coast Computer Products , Bonnie Whittaker , Adams Marketing , Sam Bornstein , Bornstein and Song , Mick Mulvaney , Judy Chu , House Small Business Committee , Small business contracting , Inside the Worlds Biggest Buyer , Jason Miller , Inside the World
Steve Kempf will return after his medical leave as a senior adviser. GSA posted the commissioner's job on USAJobs.gov on Monday.
Steve Kempf told staff he will take 60 days off for medical reasons starting July 30. Mary Davie will become acting FAS commissioner while Kempf is out.
GSA, Commerce and others are using supply chain management techniques to buy smarter and more efficiently. Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Steve Kempf said a recent survey of their contractors will help influence the next generation of schedules.
Agency introduces the new Demand Based Model that will focus resources on the products and services agencies need and want the most. GSA plans on closing two schedules and parts of 14 others to new offerors. GSA also will cut vendors who do little or no business on the schedule to help reduce administrative costs.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , industry , GSA , Larry Allen , Allen Federal Business Partners , Mick Mulvaney , House Small Business Committee , supply schedules , Demand Based Model , Small business contracting , Jason Miller
The General Services Administration has awarded Concur Technologies a contract to launch the next phase of the agency's cloud-based travel-management service. Version 2 of the program will provide travel planning, authorizations, reservations, ticketing, and reimbursements and reporting through a streamlined interface
Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Steve Kempf will talk about where the government-wide contracting market place is headed.
March 20, 2012(Encore presentation April 24, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , procurement , contracting , GSA , Federal Acquisition Service , Integrations , Multiple Award Schedule , industrial funding fee , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Steve Kempf is bringing in Jim Ghiloni to run the new professional services contract.