Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Stephen Smith
The Army and DISA will release a broad agency announcement this summer seeking third party software to secure smartphones and tablet computers. The Marine Corps is looking at host of different possibilities to secure mobile devices, including a process to verify the software code in apps.
The Army and DISA are using more disciplined processes to implement technology upgrades. Email-in-the-cloud also is giving the Army better a firmer cyber posture, and it opens the door for a host of emerging technologies because of better identity management.
Tags: technology , Mike Krieger , David Simpson , Army , Cybersecurity , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , DISA , AFCEA DC , Reggie Brothers , research and development , identity management , Jason Miller , ITIL , DoD