Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Stephen Lynch
Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle agree that federal contractors need to be a major part of the discussion on rightsizing the federal workforce. But, they have not yet come to terms with whether the debate is about just raw numbers or having the right number of employees doing an amount of work they can handle.
Congressman Stephen Lynch's bill would require openness of contracts and stricter guidelines when it comes to agreements with Pharmacy Benefit Managers.
Director John Berry pushes back against claims from members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that federal employees are overpaid. Rep. Issa called the pay freeze a "farce" and wants step-increases frozen for this year. Berry and Democrat lawmakers continue to make the case that feds deserve their salaries.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Jason Chaffetz , Dennis Ross , Darrell Issa , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , federal pay , bonuses , performance system , CHCO Council , GS-System , Jason Miller , pay debate
Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said he's ready to announce more RIFs and without legislative help USPS will face insolvency this year. Sen. Susan Collins introduced a bill to help solve some of the challenges the Postal Services faces.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Susan Collins , Pat Donahoe , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , USPS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FERS , CSRS , budget , Jason Miller
Interagency Security Committee submitted a three-part standard to OMB for review. This new guidance would give agencies a standard approach to developing comprehensive security plans. But some lawmakers say the committee doesn't have enough authority and wants legislation to create minimum building security standards.
Tags: mngt , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Sue Armstrong , DHS , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FPS , Federal Protective Service , GSA , David Wright , AFGE , building security , physical security , workplace safety , security
Some federal workers who participate in the Federal Employee Health Benefit Program's prescription drug plan are paying 15-45 percent more than other comparable government programs. The result is feds and retired feds are not getting the best benefit at the best price for their prescriptions. So says a House subcommittee that is considering legislation to fix long-term systemic problems with the FEHBP and its spiraling drug costs.