Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Stephen Lynch
Congressman Stephen Lynch's bill would require openness of contracts and stricter guidelines when it comes to agreements with Pharmacy Benefit Managers.
Director John Berry pushes back against claims from members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that federal employees are overpaid. Rep. Issa called the pay freeze a "farce" and wants step-increases frozen for this year. Berry and Democrat lawmakers continue to make the case that feds deserve their salaries.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Jason Chaffetz , Dennis Ross , Darrell Issa , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , federal pay , bonuses , performance system , CHCO Council , GS-System , Jason Miller , pay debate
Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said he's ready to announce more RIFs and without legislative help USPS will face insolvency this year. Sen. Susan Collins introduced a bill to help solve some of the challenges the Postal Services faces.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Susan Collins , Pat Donahoe , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , USPS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FERS , CSRS , budget , Jason Miller
Interagency Security Committee submitted a three-part standard to OMB for review. This new guidance would give agencies a standard approach to developing comprehensive security plans. But some lawmakers say the committee doesn't have enough authority and wants legislation to create minimum building security standards.
Tags: mngt , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Sue Armstrong , DHS , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FPS , Federal Protective Service , GSA , David Wright , AFGE , building security , physical security , workplace safety , security
Some federal workers who participate in the Federal Employee Health Benefit Program's prescription drug plan are paying 15-45 percent more than other comparable government programs. The result is feds and retired feds are not getting the best benefit at the best price for their prescriptions. So says a House subcommittee that is considering legislation to fix long-term systemic problems with the FEHBP and its spiraling drug costs.