Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Stephen Fuller
With fewer new federal contracts on the horizon, vendors are trimming staff, changing direction and hedging their bets as sequestration plays out, according to the results of an exclusive Federal News Radio survey. Contractors are also blaming sequestration for low morale in their offices.
Tags: sequestration , Private Side of Sequestration , Evan Lesser , Ward Carroll , Cameron Leuthy , Bob Lohfeld , Mary Beth Romani , Chris Romani , workforce , hiring , furloughs , Budget Control Act , budget , Michael OConnell , management
Tags: Aerospace Industries Association , sequestration , DoD , Congress , House Armed Services Committe , Budget Control Act , budget , Congressional Research Service , John McCain , Marion Blakey , Jeffrey Zients , Ashton Carter
Civilian agency payrolls would be most vulnerable under automatic budget cuts set to kick in on Jan. 2. A new AIA and George Mason University study claims 229,000 non-defense federal jobs would be eliminated.
Tags: Congress , sequestration , Budget Control Act , workforce , pay and benefits , Marion Blakey , Aerospace Industries Association , George Mason University , Jeanne Shaheen , Kelly Ayotte , Gordon Adams , Jared Serbu
Time is money, and a new report says some major transportation investments could save area residents both.
The cuts could mean a loss of $6 billion to $7 billion to the local economy, says Stephen Fuller, director for the Center for Regional Analysis at George Mason University in Fairfax.