Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: State Department
Across government, agencies are trying to wrap their arms around new media. The State Department's Alec Ross talks about how the agency is "exploring new avenues in 21st century statecraft."
Testimony obtained by FederalNewsRadio says IT security measurements focus too much on compliance and not on risk. GAO surveyed 24 agencies and found few have moved beyond just fulfilling FISMA requirements.
Tags: technology , Greg Wilshusen , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , GAO , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , NIST , Tom Davis , Deloitte , Cybersecurity , FISMA , risk management
State working to bring 21st century democracy and the tools to go with it to Iraq.
The CIA says it had nothing to do with it. A remote-controlled bomb killed a Tehran University scientist on Tuesday in an attack Iran blamed on the United States. Iranian officials and state media described slain professor Massoud Ali-Mohammadi as a nuclear scientist, but a spokesman said he did not work for the Atomic Energy Organisation. Iran's cabinet in a statement blamed agents of the United States for the killing of Ali-Mohammadi. A State Department official in Washington said charges of U.S. involvement were absurd.
The current USDA Undersecretary is the White House choice to take over as head of the development agency.