Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Stan Soloway
The Defense Department is looking to standardize the procedures its components use in source selection under competitive acquisitions. New DoDwide procedures issued this month will take effect in July.
A directive signed this week by the secretary of the Army requires high-level review and analysis of any proposal to insource contracting functions. Outside groups have accused DoD of insourcing workers based on arbitrary quotas.
Professional Services Council's Stan Soloway explains how a government reorganization - called for in the State of the Union - could affect the federal contracting community.
The Professional Services Council's Stan Soloway explains on the Defense Department rule.
In a meeting with members of Congress and industry association leaders this week, DoD officials said proposed cuts to Defense contracting will only impact a small subset of the department's service contracting budget. DoD officials said they are looking at contracts that support staff augmentation and other similar support service contracts.
Tags: Contracting , Industry , DoD , Robert Gates , Bill Lynn , Gerry Connolly , Bobbie Kilberg , Professional Services Council , Northern Virginia Technology Council , Deltek Consulting , budget cuts , services contracts , Jared Serbu
Professional Services Council's Stan Soloway discusses how the new deficit commission plan will affect the contracting community.
A new survey from the Professional Services Council and Grant Thornton finds contracting officers don't always find new guidance helpful in how they do their job. Acquisition workers also say too much oversight is causing innovation to be muted.
What industry really thinks about the Pentagon's cost cutting plan from Stan Soloway of the Professional Services Council
The Pentagon's primary purchasing agency is steeling itself for the possible impact of large-scale changes to its budget in the weeks and months ahead as DoD prepares the 2012 budget. The Defense Logistics Agency used a recent conference to inform the vendor community about its plans to save money.
As agencies try to hire hundreds of trained cybersecurity experts in the coming years, there are questions about whether that need can be met. Some observers wonder whether there really are enough cybersecurity workers.