Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Stan Soloway
The Federal News Countdown welcomed Tim McManus of Partnership for Public Service and Stan Soloway of Professional Services Council.
Do top officials know exactly how many people work under top-secret titles and what they do? We'll hear from the president of Professional Services Council.
The Professional Services Council details likes and dislikes of procurement language in the 2012 DoD Authorization bill.
OMB will tell agencies to focus on management support service contracts and reduce spending by $6 billion. OMB said contracting for management support services grew at a faster rate than other types of contracting. The initiative is part of the administration's Campaign to Cut Waste.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Dan Gordon , OFPP , OMB , service contracting , management support services , Campaign to Cut Waste , Jason Miller , Richard Ginman , Commerce , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , DoD
Three members of the House and four members of the Senate introduce companion pieces of legislation to head off the White House's draft executive order requiring contractors to disclose political contributions.
Tags: contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Mitch McConnell , Lamar Alexander , Rob Portman , Darrell Issa , Tom Cole , Sam Graves , White House , political contributions , executive order , PSC , Jason Miller
White House is considering issuing an executive order that would require vendors to submit information about their political contributions as part of their bid proposal package. Industry associations say the proposal wouldn't keep political influence out of the acquisition process, but likely add it in. The administration claims the draft order is all about greater transparency and accountability.
Stan Soloway, president and CEO of the Professional Services Council, explains to what extent industry would hurt from a partial government shutdown.
The Defense Department is looking to standardize the procedures its components use in source selection under competitive acquisitions. New DoDwide procedures issued this month will take effect in July.
A directive signed this week by the secretary of the Army requires high-level review and analysis of any proposal to insource contracting functions. Outside groups have accused DoD of insourcing workers based on arbitrary quotas.