Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Social Security Administration
Social Security Commissioner Michael Astrue and Linda Cureton of NASA talks about their upcoming retirements. Register employee benefit consultant Ed Zurndorfer explains what feds can expect from possible furloughs. White House Historical Association Vice President of Research talks about possible renovations at the White House.
Tags: Michael Astrue , Linda Cureton , NASA , Ed Zurnforder , furloughs , sequestration , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , William Bushong , White House Historical Association , Federal Drive
Lester Austin, public affairs specialist for the Social Security Administration, takes your calls and email questions.
January 28, 2013
Lester Austin, public affairs specialist at the
Social Security Administration, explains the
disability application process and answer your
questions about benefits.
September 10, 2012
Bill Bransford will host a round table discussion of how agencies are currently training their managers and employees.
September 7, 2012
Tags: workforce , Workforce training , management training , Bill Bransford , Lisa Sper , Carrie Blustin , American Society for Training and Development , Jeanette Archetto , CIO.gov , Fed Talk , management , Federal Management Partners , Grant Thornton
Lester Austin, public affairs specialist at the Social Security Administration, answers your Social Security questions.
March 26, 2012
Nearly two years of negotiating has led to a stalemate between the Social Security Administration and its largest union, the American Federation of Government Employees. The protracted dispute mars the Obama administration's otherwise productive attempts to collaborate formally with federal unions.
Tags: Michael Astrue , IFPTE , Greg Junemann , AFGE , Witold Skwierczynski , FMA , Jessica Klement , workforce , unions , Labor , management , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relations , Emily Kopp
After decades of neglect and what one official describes as "severe underfunding", Social Security Administration officials are finally seeing progress in reducing a huge backlog of claims for disability benefits. This, after recent infusions of staff, technology, and money. However, that progress is now threatened by another, more pressing problem: the furloughs of state disability claims reviewers, whose salary is partially paid for by federal funds.