Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Smithsonian
Agencies across government are leveraging digital technologies to both embark on new initiatives and enhance existing ones. The growing adoption of mobile devices, cloud computing technologies and wireless capabilities allows agencies to conduct unique outreach efforts and makes the agencies, themselves, more flexible workplaces. Agency technology officials discussed both issues as part of the Federal News Radio special report, A New Era in Technology.
Organizers say the workers plan to protest Thursday outside the National Air and Space Museum and march to the Smithsonian Castle.
Lisa Young is the objects conservator at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. She discusses the challenges of preserving spacesuits as part of Federal News Radio's Cool Jobs in Government series.
Kristen Clark is an animal keeper at the National Zoo, one of two who trains the lions — including the adult male, two lionesses and seven cubs. Federal News Radio interviews her as part of our Cool Jobs in Government series.
The Smithsonian has lost millions of dollars in equipment, paid hundreds of thousands more to settle an asbestos whistleblower suit, has lots of room for improvement when it comes to contracting and financial reporting... and has named a new director for the National Zoo.
The Institution is using collaborative tools to help develop its Web 2.0 strategy quickly.