Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Smithsonian
Lisa Young is the objects conservator at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. She discusses the challenges of preserving spacesuits as part of Federal News Radio's Cool Jobs in Government series.
Kristen Clark is an animal keeper at the National Zoo, one of two who trains the lions — including the adult male, two lionesses and seven cubs. Federal News Radio interviews her as part of our Cool Jobs in Government series.
The Smithsonian has lost millions of dollars in equipment, paid hundreds of thousands more to settle an asbestos whistleblower suit, has lots of room for improvement when it comes to contracting and financial reporting... and has named a new director for the National Zoo.
The Institution is using collaborative tools to help develop its Web 2.0 strategy quickly.
Director Wayne Clough explains how.
NSF, NIST and Energy continue to receive increases on way to doubling budget by 2017. Overall, R&D across government increases only slightly. OSTP will create a dashboard to measure effectiveness of federal R&D efforts.
A building near the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum caught fire Monday morning, emitting a large plume of black smoke.