Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Smart Grid
White House says provision in financial services bill not a problem. Administration not taken any steps to work with Congress on changes to the law.
Experts describe the progress they have made and challenges they will face in modernizing the electric grid. Despite some security concerns, lawmakers expressed support for the project.
Gallagher is asking all 10 of the agency's labs to consider how they are set up to meet their mission. NIST is playing a more critical role than ever in many of the administration's priorities. He says the agency is considering its options for revamping its IT lab.
Computer-security researchers say new "smart" meters that are designed to help deliver electricity more efficiently also have flaws that could let hackers tamper with the power grid in previously impossible ways.
Weaknesses in BlackBerry software could be exploited, Microsoft says new patches pose a threat too, there's big business in smart grid security.
We caught up with Commissioner Philip Moeller at a recent conference. He described how the smart grid initiative is affecting FERC and the kind of expertise it needs.
Lockheed has a new cybersecurity offering for electric companies that are helping to develop the Smart Grid.
With funding from USDA Rural Development's Rural Utilities Service (RUS), rural electric cooperatives are leading the way in smart grid deployments. We get details from USDA's Jessica Zufolo.
The Obama administration released its policy framework for modernizing the nation's electric grid Monday. As has been the case in national strategies on other topics the White House has released recently, the administration wants the federal government to emphasize its role as a facilitator and standards author rather than a regulator.
Learn more in today's Cybersecurity Update