Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Small business contracting
Michael Hackmer, senior community manager for GovWin joins host Mark Amtower to talk about the organization.
January 16, 2011(Encore presentation February 27, 2012)
A new memo from OFPP and OMB tells agencies to improve training to buy more from small businesses through the government charge card.
The department must decide by Dec. 15 whether or not it will follow GAO's recommendations after losing a bid protest decision. VA tries to explain why service-disabled veteran owned firms do not receive the highest priority for all contracts. Lawmakers express frustration over the agency's explanation.
Tags: contracting , acquisition , industry , VA , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Thomas Leney , Jack Thompson , Bill Johnson , GAO , Ralph White , Greg Kutz , Service disabled veteran-owned business , Veteran-owned small business , small business goals , bid protest , Jason Miller
Small business goals remain at center of acquisition strategy
Sen. Snowe co-authors new legislation to implement many of the recommendations by GAO to improve the small business contracting program.
GSA says agencies have awarded 37 task orders worth more than $400 million on the large and small versions of the technology services governmentwide acquisition contract. DoD is the biggest user of the large business Alliant contract so far.
Agency made awards to small businesses to provide support services in eight categories. The contract is worth up to $2 billion over seven years. FAA also plans to automate procurement system under separate contract that is just getting off the ground.
Learn more about how the new set-aside rule for women owned businesses is working from Penny Pompei, national executive director of Women Construction Owners and Executives.
Guy Timberlake, chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition joins host Markt Amtower to talk about the organization, and how it helps companies that want to do business with the government.
May 30, 2011 (Encore presentation June 6, 2011)
Tags: contracting , American Small Business Coalition , Guy Timberlake , micropurchase program , SBA NAIC , Federal Procurement Data System , USASpending.gov , FedBizopps.gov , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Washington said he wants to pursue work in the commercial aviation industry.