Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ship
Reuters is reporting that a missing merchant ship had turned up in the Atlantic Ocean off the Cape Verde islands have proven untrue, Russia's RIA agency quoted Moscow's envoy to the country as saying on Friday. The disappearance of the ship, the Arctic Sea, and its 15-member Russian crew, has baffled authorities in Europe and North Africa. Moscow has sent warships to find it. Portugal's Lusa news agency said the 4,000-tonne freighter was 400 nautical miles off the West African archipelago, while France said it had intelligence of a sighting that could match the Arctic Sea. "There was information that a cargo ship similar to the one being searched for was spotted 400 nautical miles north of the island of Santo Antao," RIA quoted Alexander Karpushin, Russia's ambassador to Cape Verde as saying. "However, this information did not prove to be true," he said, citing a meeting with the head of Cape Verde's armed forces.
For Delaware beach-goers, a whale that washed up near Fenwick Island was an unusual sight.
Tags: whale , Fenwick Island , conservation , dead whale , Coast Guard , Colleen Kelleher , Marine Education, Research & Rehabilitation Instit , MERR , DNR , Suzanne Thurman , Ed Kelleher , environmentalists , Ocean City , resort , vacation , Delaware