Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sheryl Shenberger
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Tags: Melinda Wharton , National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases , CDC , Pat Niehaus , Federal Managers Association , DoD , DoD Report , National Archives , National Declassification Center , Alex Bolton , The Hill , Congress , Senate , immigration , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
Ninety percent of backlogged papers have been assessed and sent to agencies for review, but unexpected problems may cause government to miss 2013 deadline to clear the backlog.
For years, a huge backlog of government agency documents in need of declassification has piled up at the National Archives and Records Administration. Now, however, a woman whose name is familiar in the federal declassification community is on board at NARA, taking the first steps toward whittling away at that backlog of 410 million pages of documents by a seemingly impossible deadline set in the law.