Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shawn McCarthy
Kevin Brancato of Bloomberg Government talks about cuts Congress is facing from sequestration. Shawn McCarthy of IDC Government Insights discusses how much agencies are spending on cybersecurity. Attorney Debra Roth explains what rights employees have if they are singled out unfairly for furlough. Karen Heath of the USPS discusses how her office deciphers poor handwritten addresses. Peter Suber of the Harvard Open Access Project advocates for greater access to federally-funded research.
Learn about the challenges facing Shawn McCarthy in Tuesday's cybersecurity update.
New report highlights predictions for government markets.
Shawn McCarthy is the research director at IDC Government Insights.
The argument is over Google's Apps for Government. Google says they're FISMA certified. But Microsoft has released some court documents to refute that.
Shawn McCarthy, research director for IDC Government Insights, describes some IT budget trends and what they could mean for your agency in the long-run.
Federal agencies have been ordered to consolidate their datacenters, and both government IT managers and commercial systems integrators are focusing on select open source solutions and open software stacks to help ease this transition. IDC's Shawn McCarthy explains how all this works together.