Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shawn McCarthy
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Kevin Brancato of Bloomberg Government talks about cuts Congress is facing from sequestration. Shawn McCarthy of IDC Government Insights discusses how much agencies are spending on cybersecurity. Attorney Debra Roth explains what rights employees have if they are singled out unfairly for furlough. Karen Heath of the USPS discusses how her office deciphers poor handwritten addresses. Peter Suber of the Harvard Open Access Project advocates for greater access to federally-funded research.
Learn about the challenges facing Shawn McCarthy in Tuesday's cybersecurity update.
New report highlights predictions for government markets.
Shawn McCarthy is the research director at IDC Government Insights.
The argument is over Google's Apps for Government. Google says they're FISMA certified. But Microsoft has released some court documents to refute that.
Shawn McCarthy, research director for IDC Government Insights, describes some IT budget trends and what they could mean for your agency in the long-run.
Federal agencies have been ordered to consolidate their datacenters, and both government IT managers and commercial systems integrators are focusing on select open source solutions and open software stacks to help ease this transition. IDC's Shawn McCarthy explains how all this works together.