Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shaw Bransford & Roth
Bill Bransford, one of the top lawyers in federal labor and employment law and a fierce advocate for federal employees died Friday after a long illness. Bransford practiced law as a partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth for 30 years. Bransford also served as the general counsel for a host of federal managers' groups, including the Senior Executives Association, and was a frequent lecturer and commentator on federal employment issues. For more than a dozen years, Bransford co-hosted FEDtalk, a biweekly show on Federal News Radio, 1500 AM.
Debra Roth hosts a roundtable discussion of how sequestration has affected the judicial branch, justice, and the rule of law.
August 23, 2013
Tags: workforce , DoD , sequestration , furloughs , budget battle , Department of Justice , Debra Roth , Bryan Polisuk , Merit Systems Protection Board , Bruce Moyer , NAAUSA , Michael Nachmanoff , federal public defenders , Federal Public Defender in Virginia , Fed Talk , Federal Bar Association
Bill Bransford hosts a roundtable discussion of the upcoming Federal Dispute Resolution Conference.
July 12, 2013
Tags: workforce , Federal Dispute Resolution Conference , civil rights , EEO , dispute resolution , labor relations , OSC , MSPB , OPM , FLRA , Bill Bransford , Dan Gephart , Joseph Swerdzewski , Barbara Haga , Roslyn Brown , Fed Talk
Attorney Bill Bransford joins host Bob Leins to talk about how federal employees will be affected by sequestration and furloughs.
March 4, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , Bob Leins , Bill Bransford , sequestration , furloughs , federal employees , federal employee rights , Senior Executives Association , Merit Systems Protection Board , EEOC , Office of Special Counsel , Office of Inspector General , For Your Benefit
The President is considering issuing an Executive Order to prevent government contractors from discriminating against gay and lesbian employees. Debra Roth, partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth, joins the Legal Loop to discuss. The White House is also getting set to release an executive order on cybersecurity information sharing. A new research report from Microsoft attempts to explain the factors behind why some countries have excellent cybersecurity performance and others lag behind. Paul Nicholas of Microsoft explains the findings.
Multiple current and former Forest Service employees say they've faced sexual harassment and physical assault while on the job, and some have lost their positions for speaking up. Now, they are fighting back by filing a class action EEOC complaint for unfair treatment. The Agriculture Department, the parent agency of the Forest Service, says it is tackling a history of discrimination with more training and accountability as part of a cultural transformation program.
Tags: USDA , Joe Leonard , Forest Service , Elaine Vercruysse , Debra Roth , Jonel Wagoner , Alicia Dabney , Lesa Donnelly , USDA Coalition of Minority Employees , EEOC , civil rights , discrimination , Jolie Lee , workforce , exclusive
Jenny Mattingley hosts of roundtable discussion of legislation pending in Congress that affect federal workers.
August 24, 2012
Tags: workforce , Congress , Congressional recess , federal retirement , pay freeze , budget battle , sequestration , Jenny Mattingley , Bruce Moyer , National association of postal supervisors , National Association of Assistant U.S. Attorneys , Maureen Gilman , NTEU , Jessica Klement , NARFE , Fed Talk
National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund chairman Craig Floyd and David Weisz from Motorola Solutions, join host Debra Roth to talk about 2012 National Police Week and the latest on the National Law Enforcement Museum.
May 4, 2012
Alan Chvotkin, executive vice president and counsel at the Professional Services Council, and Bill Bransford, a partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
A roundtable discussion of the events at this years' Public Service Recognition Week.
April 20, 2012
Tags: workforce , Bill Bransford , Partnership for Public Service , Public Employees Roundtable , National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration , Public Service Recognition Week , Fed Talk