Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shaw, Bransford and Roth
Agilex's Tim Hoechst and Shaw, Bransford and Roth's Debra Roth count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Host Debra Roth is joined by Federal News Radio's Mike Causey, NARFE Legislative Director Dan Adcock, and World at Work's Lenny Sanicola to talk about pending legislation in Congress that would change retirement benefits for federal workers.
May 20, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , federal pay , federal retirement , TSP , Congress , Tim Geithner , debt ceiling , deficit reduction , deficit reduction commission , fiscal commission , Civil Service retirement and disability trust fund , FERS , CSRS , Debra Roth , Mike Causey , Your Turn , Dan Adcock , NARFE , Lenny Sanicola , World at Work , Fed Talk
The largest federal employees' union has filing a lawsuit against the Obama administration for failing to provide details of agencies' shutdown plans. Attorney Bill Bransford breaks it down for us.
In part 3 of Federal News Radio's exclusive investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," Karla Saunders weighs her options to find resolution in her three-year battle against alleged retaliation. Saunders and three other agency employees say they want to return to their original jobs and restore their reputations. SBA officials say the agency is focusing on strengthening management and oversight.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Stevie Gray , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , Kevin Mahoney , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , Debra Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA , Jason Miller
In part one of the exclusive Federal News Radio series, Karla Saunders says SBA management continues to exact revenge against her for testifying on behalf of another employee about agency misconduct. Saunders says among the reprisals she has faced over the past three years is officials put her in two jobs involuntarily that she has no qualifications for. SBA officials deny any wrongdoing and say the administrator has no tolerance for waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Kevin Mahoney , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , SBA , Office of Special Counsel , Debra Roth , Vincent Melehy , whistleblower retaliation , Jason Miller