Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shaun Donovan
The Senate approved Anne Rung's nomination by voice vote. Procurement experts say improving the acquisition workforce and addressing concerns with strategic sourcing are among her top priorities.
Tags: Anne Rung , OFPP , acquisition , Congress , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Roger Waldron , Coaltion for Government Procurement , Dan Gordon , strategic sourcing , acquisition workforce , training , Tom Carper , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Sam Graves , House Small Business Community , Jason Miller
The Inspector General Act gives IGs authority to obtain any information necessary for their investigations, but some agencies are giving IGs a hard time with their requests. Members of Senate and House oversight committees are calling on Shaun Donovan, the recently confirmed director of the Office of Management and Budget, to address the issue.
Tags: inspector general , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Tom Carper , Tom Coburn , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , Stephanie Wasko , oversight , information sharing
The nomination of Shaun Donovan to be director of the Office of Management and Budget as well as a variety of bills dealing with federal IT reform and cybersecurity updates crowded the docket of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee business meeting Wednesday.
Tags: technology , Congress , OMB , Tom Carper , Tom Coburn , IT reform , cybersecurity , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Beth Cobert , Mark Forman , TASC , Erica McCann , Daniel Castro , Jason Miller
Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan has cleared his first hurdle on the way to becoming director of the Office of Management and Budget. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee gave him the nod, even though some members weren't thrilled with his answers to their questions. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive to recap the drama, and share details on everything else the busy committee did yesterday that could impact federal agencies. Read Jason's related article.
Rafael Diaz is named as the new HUD chief information officer, replacing Jerry Williams.
HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee that connecting the management side with the budget side would better ensure financial and programmatic successes. Lawmakers pressed Donovan on his commitment to implement the DATA Act and reduce duplicative programs.
Shaun Donovan has big shoes to fill if he is confirmed as the next director of the Office of Management and Budget. Members of Congress from both parties say they liked the former OMB head, Sylvia Matthews Burwell, now the Health and Human Services Secretary. She is widely recognized for reinvigorating the management side of the House and working more closely with Congress. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive to discuss how Donovan would improve upon Burwell's short-term accomplishments. Read Jason's related article.
For her efforts in creating a data analysis system to measure the performance of federal housing programs, the Partnership for Public Service recently named HUD's Sara Meyers as one of the finalists for the 2014 Call to Service Medal.
President Barack Obama will nominate San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro to become housing secretary and will tap Shaun Donovan, his current housing chief, to run the budget office, a White House official said Thursday.