Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shared services
A new Federal News Radio survey of federal chief information officers shows that budget cuts are among their biggest concerns. Senior technology managers also said among the biggest benefits they are seeing from moving systems to the cloud is cost savings. DoD deputy CIO Rob Carey said the Pentagon is setting certain changes in motion as part of its move to the cloud to help deal with an assortment of challenges.
Al Tarasiuk, the chief information officer for ODNI and for the intelligence community, said the IC-IT Enterprise strategy is centralizing technology services across the 17 agencies.
October 11, 2012(Encore presentation November 22, 2012)
Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise will reach initial operating capability next March on the way to full implementation in 2018. The NGA and DIA are building a common desktop for all of the intelligence community agencies.
Tags: intelligence , technology , ODNI , NGA , GEOINT , James Clapper , Letitia Long , Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise , shared services , cloud computing , common desktop , Jared Serbu , NSA , CIA , DIA
OMB highlights successes of 25-point strategy on its 18-month anniversary. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies saved $100 million from moving email to the cloud. There now are more than 1,000 qualified program managers in the new job series. The IT reform plan helps institute culture change from CIOs on down.
June 7, 2012(Encore presentation July 5, 2012)
Tags: technology , management , Steve VanRoekel , OMB , Mike Hettinger , SIIA , 25-point IT reform plan , cloud computing , shared services , data center consolidation , TechStat , FedRAMP , acquisition , Jason Miller , Ask the CIO , PortfolioStat , agile development , 2210 job series , IT acquisition
The Financial Management Service moved many of its day-to-day IT operations to the Bureau of Public Debt. FMS is providing oversight and guidance for IT systems in return. John Kopec, FMS's chief information officer, said his next set of priorities is to use business intelligence and analytics tools on the data from the shared service providers.
May 24, 2012
Agencies face a series of deadlines starting at the end of May to map out their plan to consolidate commodity IT. Vendors will, many times, be the suppliers of the shared service, said Scott Bernard, OMB's chief architect. OMB wants agencies to use the shared services strategy as a guide and the PortfolioStat sessions as the tool to figure out where opportunities exist.
National Defense University's Dr. Paulette Robinson will talk about the upcoming "Inspire the Future" conference in Washington D.C.
May 11, 2012
Tags: workforce , technology , virtual worlds , Virtual Worlds Conference , Dr. Paulette Robinson , National Defense University , iCollege , social media , collaboration , shared services , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
The new strategy details several requirements for agencies to meet by Aug. 31. The goal is to reduce the amount of money agencies spend on commodity IT and have them spend it on innovations.
The Shared Services Strategy is the latest way agencies can reduce spending on infrastructure technology and spend more on mission-critical IT. Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said PortfolioStat is the lynchpin to the entire process for agencies. He held the first meeting with agencies leaders to discuss expectations.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.