Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shady Grove
Frederick County leaders say they want top reduce the number of residents commuting out of the county by 10 percent.
The $1.9 million of funding approved by the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board will be used to add 200 bikes and 20 docking stations in Rockville and Shady Grove.
Trains are running again on the Red Line in Montgomery County, after a woman "threatened to blow up the train."
Tags: Red Line ,
Alexandria Mayor and Metro Boardmember Bill Euille doesn't get a good feeling when he walks on some Metro station platforms.
When a new highway opens, you'd expect it to improve traffic. But did the new InterCounty Connector in Maryland actually make traffic worse?
Tags: ICC , InterCounty Connector , Reada Kessler , Chris Roth , WTOP Traffic , Adam Tuss , Melinda Peters , Route 28 , Olney , Georgia Avenue , Muncaster Mill , Layhill , Norbeck , E-ZPass , toll road
Between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m., about 1,100 cars used the ICC. Another 400 cars drove the stretch between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Maryland starts collecting tolls on the ICC March 7.
Transportation planners recently approved a long-term plan to widen the highway from Shady Grove to Frederick, but there's also agreement that better public transportation along the corridor is needed as well.
If you take the Intercounty Connector when it opens, you'll have to pay a fee, but you won't pay the toll in cash at a toll booth. You'll need an E-ZPass transponder.
WTOP compares the region's two dominant counties -- Fairfax and Montgomery.
Tags: Sprawl & Crawl , VDOT , Interstate 95 , Dulles Rail Project , HOT lanes , Capital Beltway , Va. Route 123 , public transportation , Martin O'Malley , Wheaton , Twinbrook , ICC , Interstate 270 , Interstate 370 , Md. Route 97 , Andrew Mollenbeck