Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Shady Grove
Frederick County leaders say they want top reduce the number of residents commuting out of the county by 10 percent.
The $1.9 million of funding approved by the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board will be used to add 200 bikes and 20 docking stations in Rockville and Shady Grove.
Trains are running again on the Red Line in Montgomery County, after a woman "threatened to blow up the train."
Tags: Red Line ,
Alexandria Mayor and Metro Boardmember Bill Euille doesn't get a good feeling when he walks on some Metro station platforms.
When a new highway opens, you'd expect it to improve traffic. But did the new InterCounty Connector in Maryland actually make traffic worse?
Tags: ICC , InterCounty Connector , Reada Kessler , Chris Roth , WTOP Traffic , Adam Tuss , Melinda Peters , Route 28 , Olney , Georgia Avenue , Muncaster Mill , Layhill , Norbeck , E-ZPass , toll road
Between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m., about 1,100 cars used the ICC. Another 400 cars drove the stretch between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Maryland starts collecting tolls on the ICC March 7.
Transportation planners recently approved a long-term plan to widen the highway from Shady Grove to Frederick, but there's also agreement that better public transportation along the corridor is needed as well.
If you take the Intercounty Connector when it opens, you'll have to pay a fee, but you won't pay the toll in cash at a toll booth. You'll need an E-ZPass transponder.
WTOP compares the region's two dominant counties -- Fairfax and Montgomery.
Tags: Sprawl & Crawl , VDOT , Interstate 95 , Dulles Rail Project , HOT lanes , Capital Beltway , Va. Route 123 , public transportation , Martin O'Malley , Wheaton , Twinbrook , ICC , Interstate 270 , Interstate 370 , Md. Route 97 , Andrew Mollenbeck