Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Service to America Medals
Dan Madrzykowski, a fire protection engineer at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, uses science to study blazes in order to come up with new firefighting techniques.
Martha Dorris played a key role in a slew of Web platforms that are helping citizens to better connect with government services. For that work, she has been named a finalist for the 2013 Service to America Medals.
The Partnership for Public Service recognized Manan Vyas, 29, for his work in aeronautical research by naming him a Call to Service Medal finalist.
For his three decades of work in developing severe weather forecasting models, the Partnership for Public Service has named Mark DeMaria a finalist for a Service to America Medal.
The Partnership for Public Service nominated Kevin Geiss, the Air Force's deputy assistant secretary for energy, for a 2013 Service to America Medal. Geiss' planning helped the service find $1 billion in savings through more efficient fuel usage.
Jenny Mattingley will host a roundtable discussion of the events during Public Service Recognition Week.
April 26, 2013
Tags: Public Employees Roundtable , Public Service Recognition Week , workforce , Jenny Mattingley , Bill Bransford , Jim Seymour , Partnership for Pubic Service , Robyn Kehoe , federal employees education and assistance fund , YouTube , PERoundtable , Twitter , Facebook , Fed Talk
Jim Seymour of the Partnership for Public sevice, and several Service to America medal winners join host Debra Roth on today's program.
September 21, 2012
The Veterans Affairs Department is giving $100 million in grants to help community organizations support at-risk veterans so they have stable housing. Leaders of the homeless veteran initiative at the VA and Department of Housing and Urban Development are among the Service to America Medal finalists for their work on the problem.
Richard Boly, the director of the State Department's Office of eDiplomacy, is a finalist for the Service to America Medal.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.