Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sequestration
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will compare the House and Senate budget proposals, and discuss sequestration's impact on the economy.
March 21, 2013
Tags: acquisition , budget battle , budget cuts , Paul Ryan , health care , continuing resolution , sequestration , Bloomberg Government , Loren Duggan , Cameron Leuthy , Nela Richardson , Allen Scott , Capital Impact
The House voted today to approve a measure to fund federal agencies through the remainder of fiscal 2013. The bill averts a government shutdown but extends the freeze on federal employees' pay through the end of 2013. The bill now heads to President Barack Obama for his signature.
The Defense Department released an updated time table on civilian employee furloughs, including dates when furlough notices will go out and when furloughs are set to begin.
NARFE's Jessica Klement and Sean Reilly and Stephen Losey from the Federal Times, will discuss pending legislation on Capitol Hill, that affects federal workers.
March 20, 2013
Agriculture Department Secretary Tom Vilsack can move money in-between accounts within the same bureau, but not across the agency under a special provision called Interchange Authority. Vilsack has officially asked Congress for use of that authority in an effort to stunt the negative effects of sequestration at his agency. At at recent House hearing, Republican lawmakers questioned why more agencies haven't movasked Congress for similar permission.
Tags: management , budget , sequestration , Michael Young , USDA , Hari Sastry , Commerce , FCC , David Robbins , Paul Gosar , Blake Farenthold , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , Matt Cartwright , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , reprogramming authorities
The Department of Energy announced that 235 people will be laid off, and more than 2,500 will be furloughed for several weeks, as a result of automatic federal budget cuts.
Jon Etherton, president of Etherton and Associates, Inc. will discuss how contracting is being affected by sequestration. He also will talk about this year's big procurement issues, and whether the current procurement system is working.
March 19, 2013
The Pentagon will send furlough notices to civilian employees in the next two weeks. Defense components would not be spared from furloughs, regardless of any other efforts they take to offset sequestration.