Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Sequestration
Host Mike Causey will talk furloughs with Federal Career Experts owner John Grobe, and hiring, retirement backlog, and more with Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times.
May 1, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , workforce , contracting , furloughs , sequestration , hiring , OPM backlog , FAA , air traffic controllers , charitable giving , Boston bombings , John Grobe , Federal Career Experts , Sean Reilly , Stephen Losey , Mike Causey , Your Turn
While federal agencies are dealing with furloughs and tightening budgets, industry is also beginning to feel its effects. Small businesses will likely be hardest hit, says John Grobe, whose business is already being impacted on the government contracts side.
If you are a federal worker, you are certainly aware of the Washington-based series, Sequestration: The Soap Opera. Normally such a drama would have little audience outside the Washington Beltway, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But it is being noticed in other places because so many contractors are being hit by furloughs too.
Steve Kousen, vice president of Cloud Email and Collaboration Services at Unisys will discuss what agencies and contractors can expect as they move some of their services to the cloud.
April 30, 2013
A new Federal News Radio survey finds agency financial managers have moved up to the next level and are using information and performance metrics to inform their decision making. Respondents say they are finding ways to use data to find efficiencies. Workforce training, retaining and hiring are among their top priorities. The survey is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People.
If somebody said they could save you nearly $1,800 but that it would cost you $61,000, you probably wouldn't take the deal, right? Unfortunately, the White House and Congress have signed off on it in the form of furloughs, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey answers your calls and emails about a wide variety of issues affecting federal workers.
April 29, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , budget 2014 , budget battle , sequestration , furloughs , federal pay raise , FERS supplement , FERS retirement program , budget cuts , retirement , retirement planning , federal benefits , Bob Leins , Tammy Flanagan , NITP , Mike Causey , Federal News Radio , For Your Benefit