Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senior Executive Service
Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.) is sponsoring a bill that would impact the federal workforce as well as a bill to restrict the growth of federal real estate. Barletta is the chairman of the Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management Subcommittee on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
Tags: Lou Barletta , In Depth with Francis Rose , GSA , Government Employee Accountability Act , Public Buildings Savings and Reform Act , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , real property , Freeze the Footprint , management , Cogan Schneier
Each year, the Presidential Distinguished Rank Awards honor members of the Senior Executive Service for their accomplishments. But this year, one very important group of federal employees was left out. Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, said she's frustrated that this year's event included no winners from the intelligence community because the White House has yet to approve their nominations. An ODNI official said intelligence community winners will be announced soon.
The Federal Salary Council will submit to the Federal Pay Agent in the coming weeks a recommendation to increase the number of localities that get special pay rates. OPM also will release the annual report on how much time federal employees spend on union activities during working hours. CHCO Council will also consider certification process for HR employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , workforce , OPM , Angela Bailey , John Berry , Chief Human Capital Officers Council , Federal Salary Council , locality pay , official time survey , HR University , HR certification , Pam Malam , Interior , USAJobs.gov , Presidential Management Fellows Program , Jason Miller
Labor groups hoped to see more progress by now. But the administration has failed to live up to expectations about pay, benefits and government service.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has announced new Senior Executive Service assignments.
Andrew S. Haeuptle will be director for business integration in the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer. Mary M. Gillam will be director for technology and innovation in the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer.
The White House honored 54 Senior Executive Service members for their work in 2011. Combined, the honorees saved or helped the government avoid spending $36 billion.
Billy Milton, chief human capital officer at the USDA, tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the Agriculture Department's successful approach to managing its workforce in tough budgetary times.
Senior Executives Association president Carol
Bonosaro will discuss civil service reform when
she joins host Mike Causey on today's show.
January 11, 2012
Lynne E. Baldrighi will be the new director of HR strategic programs and advisory services, defense civilian personnel advisory services in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.