Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Sen. Collins asked GAO to study the current roles and responsibilities of these senior technology managers. This would be the third such study from GAO since 1996, but first since 2005. VA's CIO Roger Baker reiterates his call to give CIOs oversight and authority of their IT budget.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , Roger Baker , Vivek Kundra , Valerie Melvin , OMB , VA , DHS , Interior , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , technology management , CIO's role , IT reform , Jason Miller
Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said he's ready to announce more RIFs and without legislative help USPS will face insolvency this year. Sen. Susan Collins introduced a bill to help solve some of the challenges the Postal Services faces.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Susan Collins , Stephen Lynch , Pat Donahoe , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , USPS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FERS , CSRS , budget , Jason Miller
Improving the performance of federal contract audits is one way a Senate Committee us trying to root out waste, fraud and abuse.
Tags: contracting , management , Claire McCaskill , Patrick Fitzgerald , Scott Brown , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Defense Contract Audit Agency , Project on Government Oversight , Nick Schwellenbach , contract audits , contract oversight , Scott Carr
The Republican said lawmakers too often don't understand management, and that impacts agencies' resources, especially around training. Voinovich said feds should be more vocal in explaining their need for support in reforming agency management. Voinovich is retiring after 12 years in the Senate, including the last six as ranking member of the subcommittee that oversees federal workforce issues.
The senate is considering a bill that would require all private sector companies to report cyber attacks.
Deputy Secretary Lute told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee about how DHS is improving contracting processes. Acquisition is one of three major areas that the department is focusing on to bring integration across all 22 components. Lute said part of her goal is to get off the GAO high-risk list.
Tags: contracting , management , industry , Janet Holl Lute , Daniel Akaka , Cathleen Berrick , DHS , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , acquisition processes , Quadrennial Homeland Security Review , financial management , management integration , Jason Miller
Eight reports to Congress over the last six years have pointed out numerous shortcomings in the Federal Protective Service. The issues include inadequate training and supervision of contract guards, insufficient staff and budget, and security breaches that have allowed bomb-making materials to be smuggled into supposedly secure buildings. Now, lawmakers say enough is enough, and have introduced legislation designed to modernize and reform the FPS, which is responsible for security in 9,000 federal buildings and courthouses.
Senators praise Lew for experience. Committee plans to vote on his nomination next week. Lew said technology, acquisition reform and performance management are among his top non-budget priorities.
Tags: management , Jack Lew , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Scott Brown , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , State Department , Peter Orszag , privacy , performance management , Jason Miller
The White House releases 56 agency sustainability plans showing how the government will meet an assortment of energy efficiency goals. Federal Environmental Executive Michelle Moore said ideas run the gamut from recycling to computer power management. The administration is hosting the GreenGov Symposium in October to help educate and promote agency goals.
Tags: management , Michelle Moore , Tom Carper , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , energy efficiency , sustainability plans , Green government , Jason Miller
OMB is using the same data analysis tools to monitor stimulus spending at CMS to reduce their improper payments. Other agencies also are taking advantage of the lessons learned from the creation and operation of the board. Recovery.gov also will receive new features this fall to let citizens track individual projects on their own websites.
Tags: management , contracting , technology , Danny Werfel , Earl Devaney , OMB , RAT Board , DoD , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , CMS , Recovery Act , improper payments , Jason Miller