Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Senator tells FederalNewsRadio the creation of White House "czars" is creating problems "in terms of oversight, accountability, transparency and vetting."
Work continues at the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board on the next version of the Recovery.gov website. The head of that board gives a Senate oversight committee a progress report on other efforts to track all that stimulus spending.
As the days tick down to Congress' August recess, one Senate committee deals with a long list of Administration nominations, and pending legislation. Among the laws now heading for the Senate floor: a bill to toughen security for drivers licenses, and protection for Federal whistleblowers.
Wednesday morning was busy.
Transparency gives additional clout to make technology projects perform. Tool replaces OMB watch lists and makes information more interactive.
Tags: mngt , technology , Vivek Kundra , Dave Wennergren , Tom Coburn , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , OMB , DoD , CIO Council , Ed Meagher , Dan Mintz , CSC , SRA , IT Dashboard , accountability , FFATA , transparency
Release of tools expected to be June 30. Hundreds have tested the tool so far.