Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
A Senate committee takes up a bill to beef up legal and employment protection for federal whistleblowers. The legislation, for which there is a companion bill making its way through the House, is favored by the Obama Administration and federal employee labor unions, but is opposed by at least one large group representing federal managers.
The Postal Service would get seven more weeks to pay a $5.5 billion debt to the Treasury under the continuing resolution passed Monday by the Senate. A House version includes the same provision. The bill is due on Friday.
Tags: continuing resolution , USPS , Congress , Tom Carper , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , budget , Emily Kopp , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs ,
The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee voted to hold the number of federal employees stable for the foreseeable future. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) said he also wants to look at the size of the agency's contractor workforce as well. The freeze was approved in the committee's first-ever DHS reauthorization bill.
Tags: management , workforce , DHS , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , Rand Paul , Claire McCaskill , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , contracting , acquisition , TechAmerica , Rafael Borras , Jason Miller , senate homeland security and governmental affairs ,
Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins said the agency has not created an IT management and oversight plan. Without a comprehensive model on IT, the agency cannot fix the way it responds to disasters.
Tags: FEMA , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , DHS , information technology , Janet Napolitano , IT oversight , Courtney Thompson , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs
An in-depth analysis report by a Senate committee exposes inadequacies in spending on counternarcotics contracts in Latin America, which may affect future expansion to Afghanistan.
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon told a Senate committee that a new rule to add more oversight to multi-agency contracts should be out soon. Agencies wanting to develop new multiple award contracts will have to justify them before going forward. OFPP is also trying to use strategic sourcing to take advantage of the government's buying power.
Tags: management , contracting , Dan Gordon , Gene Dodaro , Joseph Lieberman , OFPP , GAO , GSA , Interagency contracting , GWACs , Multiple award contracts , BPAs , duplicative programs , Jason Miller
The White House's draft bill includes many similarities with the one sponsored by the Sens. Lieberman, Collins and Carper. The biggest issues are around the President's powers over the Internet during emergencies and whether there should be a Senate-confirmed cyber coordinator at DHS. Senate Majority Leader Reid is making comprehensive cyber legislation a priority this session.
Tags: technology , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Tom Carper , Phil Reitinger , Harry Reid , Jason Chipman , DHS , DoJ , NCTC , cybersecurity , liability protections , critical infrastructure , Jason Miller
Agencies asked 125 annuitants for help last year with Army leading the way, bringing 44 retired federal workers back to help with acquisition processes.