Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co
Arnold Fields, the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction, failed to convince his congressional critics that he's qualified to handle his watchdog job.
Chairman and Ranking Member of committee overseeing GAO both recommended him to President Obama as best candidate.
Government making progress on cutting clearance times, but member of Congress fear backsliding.
Congress is slated to return for a lame duck session two weeks after next Tuesday's elections, but no action is expected until January at the earliest.
Agencies will have defined benchmarks to hit for training current and future managers.
Legislation builds on Bush-to-Obama transition success.
Fraud and improper payments are on the hit list at agencies across government. One Senate committee is looking at how it's done.